Eligibility / Application
Applicants must be an enrolled freshman to senior (9th-12th grade) high school student during the 2017-18 school year.
All applicants will be notified of acceptance. A non-refundable application processing fee of $25.00 is required by each participant. Brass and woodwind players must submit an audio or video recording and post on You Tube. Percussionists, flags and dancers must submit a video audition on You Tube. Please follow the instructions on the registration/information packet. ONLY SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ONCE! If you use the online application, then mail your $25.00 registration fee with a note identifying yourself, which instrument you play or if you are a flag or dancer. Once you fee has been received, your audition will be reviewed. If you use the paper application, then submit your registration fee along with the application. DO NOT send in both applications. Thank you for your cooperation with this.
The 2017 per participant cost of $1,649.00 (Musician) or $1,724.00 (Flag/Dancer) (Quad Occupancy) does not include transportation costs. Travel to/from NYC/NJ is the responsibility of the student. Motor coach transportation while in NYC/NJ is provided. In addition, members will be met at LaGuardia, or Newark airports by an official band staff member for included transfers to/from the host hotel. (PLEASE NOTE: We do not offer transfers from JFK Airport or Penn Station)
The 2017 Macy's Great American Marching Band participant package is $1,649.00 (musician) and $1,724.00 (Flag/Dancer) (Quad Occupancy) per student and includes:
- Band membership with performance in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Six-nights (6), first-class hotel accommodations at the Hilton Woodcliff Lake located 12 miles from Manhatten (Quad Occupancy)
- Meals: Five (5) Breakfasts, Three (3) Lunches, and Five (5) Dinners
- Round-trip chartered motorcoach transportation for all Band rehearsals, including sightseeing/meals and Parade
- Schedule transfers from LaGuardia or Newark Airports on arrival and departure days (PLEASE NOTE: Transfers will not be available from JFK or Penn Station)
- NYC Sightseeing: Experience: Rockefeller Center & Times Square visits, and NYC Stage Performance, and more (activities are subject to change)
- Thanksgiving Dinner Dance Reception with a DJ
- Student Leadership/Education Session
- Instruction with professional staff
- Souvenir Week-in-Review DVD
- Official Macy's Commemorative Patch and Participant Button
- Use of the official Macy's Great American Marching Band Uniform during the parade
- Macy's Great American Marching Band Souvenir T-Shirt
- Macy's Great American Marching Band Souvenir Windbreaker
- Souvenir Lanyard
- Flags and Dancer Package Pricing is higher because included in your package is an official Macy's Warm-up Suit.
* Itinerary is subject to finalization the week of the parade. Hotel, attractions and meal locations subject to change at anytime. Macy's Annual Events determines parade order of march and rehearsal times. Itinerary may be changed at anytime during the week to address safety or logistical issues.
All selected participants are required to be at the hotel in New Jersey (outside of NYC) by 8:00 p.m. On Saturday, November 18, 2017. The first mandatory group activity will take place Saturday evening and continue through Thursday evening. Friday, November 24th is the return home travel day (meals not provided on travel days).
2017 Payment Information
The $1,649.00 (musician) or $1,724.00 (flag/dancer)* per participant fee (quad occupancy) is divided into installments based on your acceptance date with final balance due no later than October 20, 2017. Specific due dates will be included in your acceptance binder. Please note that the prices above do not include transportation to and from NY.
All payments are non-refundable. Please call for further information. Please make checks payable to MUSIC FESTIVALS & TOURS.
* Pricing is higher for the flags/dancers because included in your package is an official Macy's Warm-up Suit.
All selected participants will be housed in quad rooms (four students) with two double beds. Upgrades to triples or doubles are available at an additional charge; however, single occupancy is not permitted for safety reasons. Roommate assignments will be made by the staff of MUSIC FESTIVALS AND TOURS.
Code of Conduct / Student Safety
MUSIC FESTIVALS & TOURS will provide a professional chaperones and supervisory staff at the hotel and during the official schedule of events to ensure students' well being. Chaperones are not parents but staff that is affiliated with schools. Chaperones will conduct bed checks, nightly meetings, and wake-up checks. Chaperone members will include medical professionals who will stay at the hotel and accompany students to all scheduled events and sightseeing. In addition, the host hotel is located outside of NYC and offers interior corridors for safety. Chaperones will not be members of the family and friends package. All selected students will be required by MUSIC FESTIVALS & TOURS to sign and abide by a code of conduct agreement. Students' guardians will also be required to sign the code of conduct agreement.
Family and Friends
Since the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is an American institution, your family and friends are welcome to watch you march down Broadway. Family and friend opportunities will be available with information included in acceptance packets.
Don't Hesitate to Apply
Being selected to participate in the band is a prestigious opportunity that many in your neighborhood will be glad to support. You and your parents don't have to fund the trip all by yourself. Contact local businesses, music organizations, newspapers, travel agencies, etc., to help sponsor your trip.
Slots by state and position are limited and can fill quickly. Apply now for the best chance of selection as openings by state and or instrument/position can close at anytime. We have rolling registration deadlines. Next deadline is May 30.
P.O. Box 4579
Reading, PA 19606
Phone: (610) 898-1844 / Toll Free: (800) 545-0935
Fax: (610) 898-1850